DID YOU KNOW…
…the week of October 21-25 is National Bus Safety Week? Every year Mrs. Park conducts the state required safety training with Kindergarten through third grade within the first two weeks of school. A coloring contest is held during National Bus Safety week for Kindergarten through third grade students to keep them reminded that safety on the bus is very important. The students that ride buses are reminded of the safety rules each day during this week. Prizes are awarded to the students if they can follow the safety rules on the bus. The bus drivers all have shirts they wear also as a reminder to follow the safety rules. We take safety seriously on the bus but also try to keep the students involved as much as possible.
We would like to invite family members who have served or are presently serving our country to a very special Veteran Family Event on Monday, November 11th. This event will honor those who have served, and are currently serving our country today. Please mark your calendar and help our elementary student body share our appreciation of our country’s freedom on this date.
- Guests are encouraged to wear their uniforms or memorabilia.
- National Honor Society students would like to serve breakfast to H-L service men and women as well as a guest, beginning at 8:15 in the auditeria.
- Guests should arrive through the Main Street Entrance doors after parking in the side lot on the high school side of the building. The program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. in the Scarlet Gym. The program will conclude on the front lawn at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- After the program, guests may continue to stay as a visitor if they wish to go to your child’s classroom (note- not all classrooms will be doing Veteran activities but you are more than welcome to observe daily operations). In an effort to keep some continuity in the academic day we ask that visitors that plan to stay longer than 10:30 please let us know by signing in the office.
Due to our seating capacity, it is very important that you R.S.V.P to this special event. As a part of this event, we are collecting pictures of H-L Elementary students’ relatives that have served our country in the military. If you have not sent in your photos for the elementary program yet, please send them to the elementary office no later than October 25th. All photos should have your child/children’s name on them and pictures will be returned. If you sent in photos for prior programs we do not need them again- the photos we need are for new students (K-6) or new service members. Also we ask that your child dress in the following patriotic colors on November 11th:
- kindergarten, first, and second graders wear red
- third and fourth graders wear white
- fifth and sixth grade wear blue
Together let’s honor our Veterans!
The H-L Elementary Staff
Please sign up online if attending assembly at the link below. https://forms.gle/XfKLWaBjz33ax7wS6